Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Jaxon!!!

Well my little boy turned 3 years old last week. He is so funny. All last month when asked how old he was he would tell you he was 3. But as soon as he really turned 3 he now says he's 2. Jaxon had lots of fun on his birthday. He got to go to nursery which is one of his favorite things to do. He got lots of clothes and toys. We had family over that night for cake and icecream. Thanks to all that came. Jaxon loved having you all here, and he especially loved all the nice toys and clothes he got from all of you:) Here are a few things that I just love about my little man!!
1. He is always so sweet to Brynlee first thing in the morning. Like today he walked out and the first thing that came out of his mouth was "Hi Stinker" in this high pitched little voice. He just adores his sister.
2. I love it when he lays his head on my shoulder while sitting next to me and says "Mom, you're my best friend."
3. He is always willing to help me clean, whether it be vacuuming, sweeping, moping, picking up toys, etc. He loves to help out!
4. He loves to play games. But he always wants me to play them with him. It doesn't matter if it's something that he can play all by himself. He will beg me in this sweet little voice that I just can't resist. I think he knows I can't resist it too:)
5. He is so genuine when it comes to him saying sorry to Brynlee. If he does something that hurt her he will tell her sorry and kiss it better for her. He is such a great big brother.
Those are just a few things that I love about him. I could go on for days but I'm tired. Here are a few pics for your enjoyment!!

Here are the gifts from us. He is sitting right in front of them so he really got more than just 3 presents from us:)

I loved these shoes. They are so cute plus you tie them just like normal but they have a zipper down the side of the shoe so you don't have to ever untie them to get them on or off. Great find!!

Jaxon insisted on having a dog cake. This was as good as I could do. It turned out pretty cute I think:)

Here is the birthday boy blowing out his candles!




And afterward, he was so impressed with himself!




He's a much neater eater than his sister was! haha





7 comments:

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Jaxon!
He is a sweetheart Shalae! I think it's great that your his best friend:) If only they could stay little a bit longer.

The Maughans said...

Awesome cake! I am all about doing whatever they want for their cake. We're finally over our sickness so anytime you want to play?

Shareen said...

I loved reading your list of things you love about him. He really is such a sweet little boy, but he sure is ALL BOY! haha. Such cute pictures and I am still impressed by that awesome cake. You are a great mom!!!!

Kim and Chet said...

That is a GREAT cake. Good Job!

Shellie said...

wow, wow, wow, that cake was amazing. You are as good as your father in law I think.
I loved the cute little list of things Jaxon does. You can tell a lot about a boy by the way he treats his mother and sisters.
Way to go mom, he's going to make a great husband!

Jan said...

Good job on the cake, Shalae! It looks really great!

Also, I love that first picture of Brynlee with the money, lol. She looks giddy. How funny.

Cami Jo said...

What a sweet little boy. I love that he calls her stinker. Too funny. And are you kidding me with that cake? Did you really say, "this was the best that I could do"??? Tell me you had that cake made professionally. I don't believe you did it. It looks AMAZING! Good job if you did! I'm impressed.

I wish Kenzie smiled as sweet and natural as Brynlee does for pictures. Oh well. I guess we can't get everything we want! They were all cute pictures though!