Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring........

So yesterday I had promised Jaxon we would go to the park. So after packing a lunch and blanket to complete our picnic preparations off we went. We didn't even get to the top of the park (where the playground is) before it started sprinkling. They were some of the biggest drops I had ever seen! An not too many steps later it was POURING on us. I ran to the pavillion and took cover. We ate our lunch and waited for about an hour. All the while it continued to rain, hail, rain, and hail some more. Then all of a sudden the wind came out of nowhere and stared blowing the rain and hail into the pavillion. I decided to just make a run for it and head home. I covered the kids with the blanket that we had packed and I ran. I was soaked as soon as I got out from under the "cover" of the pavillion overhead. I was wearing sandals and it wasn't long before they were so wet I could no longer run in them without me falling off the shoe. I took them off and kept running. As I reached the top of my street it started to hail so hard that I had to take shelter behind somebody's vinyl fence. We stayed there for about a minute or so until I came to the conclusion that it really wasn't going to let up much so off we went again. I know that I looked like an idiot running in the pouring rain but what else was I to do??!!! Once we arrived home I was laughing so hard at how soaked I was that I had to take a picture.

This is Jaxon in the front seat of the stroller
This would be Brynlee
And here we are. I had already taken a shower that morning and done my hair and makeup. I guess Mother Nature decided I needed another one.

Once we got all settled inside Jaxon and I were soaked through and through. We both got in our PJ's and stayed that way the rest of the day. Oh the joys of rain. We love it!!

3 comments:

Shareen said...

What a fun mom you are. haha. Cute picture of the two of you. I love walking in the rain, but that would be a bit much for me too. Pretty cute for a couple of drowned rats :)

Heidi and Judd said...

That's so funny! I can't believe how wet you are! Crazy! But what a fun memory!

Lindsay said...

That story was hilarious! I was just picturing you guys running like mad through the pouring hail! That's too funny. I'm glad you survived! I bet Jaxon will always remember that one! How cute.