Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Crowther Adventures!

This last week we took a week long trip up to Yellowstone and then went on to Montana to the Cooper reunion (Josh's mom's family). We headed off Monday morning for the 5 1/2 hour drive. My kids are great to travel with so it wasn't that bad at all. When we got there we still had plenty of time to go into Yellowstone and have a look around. Monday was really really windy and kind of chilly to say the least. Then Tuesday we had a fun filled day with many many stops and lots of beautiful scenery. We didn't really see tons of wildlife out and about. We saw some buffalo and elk and a bald eagle and it's HUGE nest! On Wednesday we headed up to the northern part of Yellowstone to see what was up there. There's not much up there so that day wasn't all that exciting. We did however get stuck in and hour or so of no moving traffic and so the guys got out and played a little football in the middle of the road. A little bit later we say a buffalo that was limping walking along side the road. It almost crossed in front of us but decided to cut in right behind us instead. When it walked by our car I could have stuck my hand out and pet it as it went by but decided against it with it being crippled and all. It might have been a bit testy, who knows!!! On Wednesday my camera also broke so I didn't get any pictures up at Grandma Coopers house or anything. I was so bummed. We had a blast though and can't wait to do it again. We were all worn out after the long 8 hour drive home and slept well that night. I am finally caught up on laundry and I can't tell you how good that feels!!!:) Pics are below. I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Durrant said...

Looks like a fun trip... cute pics!

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys all had a blast! I loved all your pictures! Especially the ones of Jaxon fishing! Cute! How nice that your kids are awesome travelers...do you have any tips for me for the 6 hour plane ride with Weston? I'm glad you guys are all back safely! See you tomorrow night!

cindy said...

Summer vacations...doesn't get much better than that!

(love the pictures!)

Evie B. said...

Sounds like a fun family adventure! :)