Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Festivities!!!

Well well, it's been a while hasn't it. I have so much I want to blog about but no motivation at all. I made a slide show (below) with all of our pictures from the 4th of July! There are alot but what's a girl to do when you have such cute kids??!!! Here's the run down of what we did on the 4th. First thing in the morning we got up and went up to hike Donut Falls. We had lots of fun, except that we left my cousin and his wife and kids thinking that because we were a little late they had already headed up the trail. Little did we know they were only 3 minutes behind us. We met up at the top. Sorry Shay and Tiff. Maybe next time we can hike up and down together:) After the hike we headed home to shower and change. Next we were off to Josh's parents house for a BBQ and a few rousing games of volleyball. After we were all tired out there we went over to my Grandparents house to wait until it was time for fireworks. It's always nice hanging out with my family. We just can sit around, relax, mingle, and the kids love playing with my cousins that are about the same ages. We roasted mallows over my grandpa's new fire pit and made s'mores. Then it was time for the fireworks. Jaxon loved them! Brynlee did too:) She was screaming (a happy scream) and putting her hand over her mouth the whole time. Ofcouse there were some acrobatics over the fountains that made it that much more enjoyable:) The kids loved doing sparklers! When all was said and done we headed home for a much needed round of let your head hit the pillow. Both kids slept in a little bit the next morning so it was very nice. Thanks to all that let us come and hang. We really enjoyed the company! Hope everyone else had a great holiday!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys had a great 4th! I'm sad we missed you guys! But I feel like I was a part of it all with your great commentary on the day! Way cute! Jaxon and Brynlee's faces with the fireworks are priceless! So fun. And I want to come with you guys next time you go hiking too for sure! Very cute pictures, I loved the slide show!

Kim and Chet said...

It was fun. Glad you were there with the kids! BTW did you get the pics I sent you of the kids?