Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It's a Boy!!!!!

So I'll start with the most recent thing that happened to our family! We had a baby boy! I had scheduled a c-section at 39 weeks 1 day because the doctor thought the baby was going to be pretty big and I can't give birth vaginally to a baby any bigger than about 6 1/2 lbs. I went in that morning, got all hooked up, sat and waited patiently for the doctor to get there, walked back to the OR and had a baby! It was great! It couldn't have gone any better!
Here I am waiting patiently for the doctor to arrive!

Dad looking mighty handsome in his "scrubs" waiting for the nurses to come get him.

And then this "little" thing came into our lives!
Introducing Bridger Justin
wt: 9lbs. 1oz.
ht: 21 inches
Time: 8:38am



Our first partial family photo



The first night the kids came to visit and they LOVE their brother!




I loved the pics where they were kissing him:)











All my kids!







Look at that hair! I love that my kids are born with tons of hair. All the nurses in the hospital were calling Bridger the "Rock Star" because of the natural highlights in his hair! And just look at those cheeks. Don't they just make you want to squish them and kiss them?!!
Overall the experience this time around was great! I've been healing really well and Bridger sleeps great at night. I'm able to nurse him and he does great with it! He doesn't go without a meal and he eats every 2 hours (except at night, he goes 4 hours inbetween feedings)! He was a big boy but we wouldn't have him any other way! We love him to pieces and can't get enough of him and his cheeks. I'll try to catch up on all our other stuff soon!








11 comments:

Jen and Fielding said...

Congrats on your new family addition. He definitely was a big one, but I hear there are a lot of benefits to it.

And yes, his hair if pretty amazing. Much better than any of my siblings kids. =)

paula said...

I've been anxiously awaiting your post about the baby. CONGRATULATIONS to you and your whole family. He is just beautiful!

The Maughans said...

I was thinking it was about time for you to have your baby. The hair is AMAZING, for sure! Glad all went well, I'm still not brave enough to try for 3. I only have two hands!

Lindsay said...

Such a sweetheart - with GREAT cheeks! We sure love him!

Shareen said...

Such a doll. Love the cheeks and the rolls on the back of his neck. You looked awesome before and after giving birth. You make such cute babies. You should have a couple more :)

Cami Jo said...

So cute!!! Keep the pictures coming! I can't wait to meet him! You did look great in your pictures, by the way. How can someone look so good after just giving birth?!!! Congratulations again!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! He is SO CUTE! Love the hair! Your family is adorable!

cindy said...

Congratulations! Most adorable little rock star I have ever seen!

Heidi and Judd said...

Congrats! He is so cute! Can't wait to see him again!

Kim and Chet said...

I wouldn't call him "little" be he certainly VERY cute!

Congrats to all of you..you make beautiful babies!

Love you! :)

Alyssa said...

Congrats! He is sooo cute. I love all his hair. Good work!