"You're getting really big!" (Been told this many times by many different people)
"When are you due again? (I tell them) Oh I was thinking you were due like next month or something!" (This was said only 15 min. after telling her I was 19 weeks along.)
"You're sure you're not having twins?"
"You're alot bigger with this pregnancy than you were with your last 2."
Can I just tell you how sick and tired I am of people telling me how huge I look! I have a mirror people, I have to look in it every day! I don't need to be reminded of how big I'm getting! I would think that people would use some common sense and think before they say something like this. And all of these comments have been said to me recently by women who have biological children of their own. You would think they of all people would know what it feels like to be large and in charge and therefore, would be a little more careful about what they say to pregnant women. I would never even consider going up to someone that is overweight or pregnant and telling them how huge they look. That is non of my business! And it's rude! So please, if you see me and think to yourself "Wow she's really getting big!" then please just keep it to yourself! I know how big I am and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it. I know that it sounds like I'm complaining but I just am tired of all those people that speak before they really think about what they are saying. I just wish everyone had a little common sense:)
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Common Sense!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I feel ya cuz. "You're ALL baby, aren't you?" Well, personally, I thought you were TINY when I saw you at grandma's.
P.S. Sorry I've been such a flake about calling you for the zoo. I promise I'm not normally so useless. I'm not adjusting well to 3 =)~ Oh well, we'll get there...some day...some day...
A) I could have sworn that was a cardinal rule taught to ALL women. Never comment on a woman's weight. Especially if she's pregnant.
B)I think you look great. So tell them to go sit on their thumbs.
You are one of the cutest pregnant women I have ever seen and I'm not just saying that because I'm your mom. You must have some of my genes because people always thought I was farther along than I was. However I didn't look near as cute as you do. I think some people think that because you are pregnant and normally very thin, they can say whatever they want and it won't offend. They are wrong. You need to come up with a good response for all of those "speak before you think" people. Like, "yes I am getting bigger but at least I'm pregnant". That should shut them up. Love ya tons!!!!
Like I said when I saw you a few weeks ago you aren't big AT ALL!!
If it makes you feel any better I was HUGE with both of my babies. Compared to how I get you are barely pregnant. I can't believe the nerve of some people though. Don't let them get you down!
Yeah, seriously. I hear ya. People can be ridiculous. No matter what, every woman should know to hold her tongue...but everyone's right - you look amazing! Don't listen to anyone. But seriously, they should think before they speak. Sorry Shalae! Some people.
I hear you girl...I'm getting that too. I've learned that common sense isn't common. The only appropriate thing to say to a pregnant woman is, "You look beautiful." SOMETIMES IT IS OK TO LIE PEOPLE....ESPECIALLY TO A PREGNANT WOMAN. Lucky for them we can't move any faster or we'd kick some serious ass....yeah-I said it. You can edit it if you want to.
Love,
Your fellow "large and in charge" pregnant friend.
I feel for ya. Imagine the comments you would hear if you still worked at AHM!!! People are ridiculous and have no tact! Those pics of you at 17 weeks... um tiny. You look amazing and that is the bottom line!
Next time tell them you are only 3 months along. Watch their expression then!!!And then,ater that, tell them how far along you really are, and I'm sure they'll think you look great!!!
I haven't seen you in awhile, but I'm sure you look darling! People are rude. Just ignore them. You are beatiful, and even though you may feel huge, (we all do when we're pregnant, whether we're big or not) but remember you are doing something amazing!!! Growing a baby is tough work!
I agree with your mom though. People assume that since you are thin normally, that anything they say when you're pregnant won't offend. They really do need some Common SENSE though. Love ya!!! Miss ya! Wish I could be home for Black Friday.....
I agree with everything else that has been said! You look cute, and should just be proud that you are pregnant. Like we talked about before, tell them to just mind their own business!
Okay...I'm waiting to see pics of your kids from Halloween. Post soon please! I don't even know what they were, but I'm sure they were darling. Thank you much.
Of course I want to take your kids' pictures!!! Anytime! Just let me know when it works for you!
Post a Comment