Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

Ok so I know that I've been a total slacker on this blog so I'm going to try to get caught up in the next few days. For Christmas every year we go as a family and pick out a tree. (I am not a fan of the whole fake tree thing.) We went to Lowes this year since that's where we went last year and our tree lasted forever! And our tree this year didn't disappoint! It looked so great and stayed alive even though I forgot to water it one day:) oops Anyhow, Lowes had a great selection and it was hard to find just the right one, but we finally found it. We brought it home and decorated it that night as well. The kids loved it!
A few days later I had the kids decorate a small little tree that I have for decoration for the downstairs. Since this is the first year I have a finished basement we now need to go buy a fake tree to go down there. As I mentioned before I don't really like fake trees but I don't want to have to mess with the mess that a real tree makes downstairs as well as up stairs so a fake one will have to suffice:) Anyhow, that's on our list of things to buy next! Here are a few pics of all the activities!

Sorry all my pics are in the wrong order:(
Jaxon and Brynlee in front of their tree

Decorating a tree just their size

Helping mom decorate the real tree


This is the one!



Just some of the many trees to choose from




3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! Looks like fun!

Heidi and Judd said...

They look so proud of there tree, so cute!

paula said...

I'm impressed there are people out there who still get real trees. Looks beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you at Bunco.