What are these you might be thinking????? Well well, let me just explain! Brynlee, since birth, has sucked her first 2 fingers and with the other hand plays with her hair. Everything seemed fine until we were on our Yellowstone trip. I noticed that there were chunks of hair all over her lap. I couldn't figure out where they were coming from until I noticed the chunk of hair caught between her fingers as well. I soon realized that when I thought she was just "playing" with her hair, she tugs while she twirls/twists/etc. Therefore pulling out her hair. I have noticed the past few months that her hair on the top of her head on the right side has gotten quite thin but didn't think too much about it. Well I decided this had to stop. I tried putting socks on her hands and the first few nights it worked quite well. That was until she realized she could just pull them off with her teeth. That's when I decided to do something a little more drastic. I went to good old Walmart and got these little things, cut them in half, and sewed them onto each side of the sock. I'm really hoping she can't get these off cause if she does I don't know what I'll have to do next.
Monday, August 10, 2009
New Invention!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
If she somehow finds a way to get them off you can always go with long sleeve shirts and sow the socks on the end!! That is what we do for Jakelle!! She has started ripping her hair out again, she has the socks mastered!! I feel your pain, I just pray Jakelle doesn't make it permanent baldness!
LOL thats awesome! Jakelle would love to see someone else w- socks!
Very creative! That would be a problem. You would think that would hurt her to pull it out. At least she will have a tough head when you're doing her hair.
What a good invention! I hope it works for you.
I've been cleaning like crazy lately too. It just feels good to be organized. I was thinking that you were announcing something though:) Ha
I really need to read the whole blog before jumping to conclusions. FIRST, I thought her arms were broken and those were casts. Then I read the title "Nesting" beneath it and automatically thought you were pregnant, shouted "Shalae is pregnant?!" followed by Brett exclaiming and leaning over me to read it. Then I was so embarassed! Hahaha! I need to get pregnant just so I can nest and get things cleaned up!
Great idea. I hope it works. She would be cute though even if she were bald.
Funny! Good luck with your new invention. And I loved Jaxon's first day of "high school"! Too cute!
What a smart woman you are! Good luck. Kenzie will pull hers out too if she tries pulling out her elastics herself. No fun. Especially when her hair is so fine to begin with!
How was St. George? How are you guys holding up? Hey- I'm sorry I forgot to send recipes. I'll get on it this week. I promise!
Those pictures of Jaxon's first day of school are darling. How fun. Carson tells on himself too. It's great. Sometimes he even puts himself in time-out before I do. Kenzie on the other hand, is a different story. I'm in for it with that one! Call me soon and we'll chat. Take care.
Lol...that is great! Very creative and I hope it works!
Post a Comment