Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Farewell Belle:(

After 5 1/2 wonderful years we finally decided to give Belle to someone who could spend the time she needed with her. We put her up on KSL on Friday and had one family come to look at her on Saturday night. They never called back and tonight at 5:00pm another couple called wanting to come look at her. They talked to Josh for about 3 min. and then took Belle for a walk around the block. When they got back they said they wanted her. It was all bitter sweet (for me anyway). When we told Jaxon to say goodbye to her he kept asking why? We told him she was going to go live with this nice couple, when he went to give her a kiss and a hug goodbye he started crying and saying that he didn't want her to go. It was heart wrenching. I didn't know it would affect him that much. Josh is having a really hard time with it, and surprisingly I am too. I know that many of you have heard my many complaints about Belle but deep down inside she was still my first baby. I really do love her and am going to miss seeing that face out my back door. I'm just glad that she went to the family that she did. They are a young couple with no kids. They live near Liberty Park and the wife only works 3 days a week so she is going to be home with her alot. She said she can't wait to take her to the park and play. I hope they will have as many fun memories of Belle as we do. We love you Belle and miss you already!

This was Josh spending some one-on-one time with her on Saturday night before the first family came to meet her. We didn't know if they were going to want to take her or not.


You can tell how much he loved her in this picture.


Brynlee loved looking out the window everyday and saying "Be" "Be"



The family right before she left to be with her new family:(





3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is so sad, but good too I guess. I hope everyone is doing okay! I hate goodbye's like that - they make me sad too! I'm sure she'll be loved by her new family and she'll love Liberty park too! Cute pictures!

Shareen said...

Oh, that made me cry. I don't think we realize just how much we love our pets until they are gone. They seem to leave a hole in our hearts. I am so sad for Josh. I know he loved that dog. Hopefully Belle will love her new place.

Kim and Chet said...

Oh that just about made me cry. I know where you're coming from in a sense. Take comfort in knowing she is having fun and with a good family. The other loss is so much harder and I still miss my big golden dog! I still expect to see him out the door at times...so rough. It surprised me that I still have such a hard time with Gunner being gone because I too would always get mad and frustrated with him...but, I still loved him and he was still part of our family. I wish we could've taken her for you but we just aren't quite ready yet! (still mourning)