Monday, April 20, 2009

Quick Post!

Ok so my camera is broken and has been for a few weeks now. I have been having to use my video camera to take any pictures that I want to take but they are not that great quality. I do have some Easter photo's that I will post sometime soon. For now I just wanted to blog about our first trip to the ER. Last night about 10:00pm or so Josh was getting ready to go to bed. He went into Jaxon's room and woke him up so that he could go potty before we went to bed. Josh noticed right away that Jaxon was struggling with his breathing. He brought him over to the couch and we just monitored him for a few minutes. He was getting progressively worse so I headed off to the ER. We got there and they checked his O2 level and that was ok so we got to wait for our turn. We actually only had to wait like 45 min. before we went back. The nurses and Doctors were very nice and very quick in getting in to see us. It turns out that Jaxon has croup. My kids have had the cough before but never had any kind of breathing issues with it. They gave him a steroid and sent us home. The poor kid was so tired that he didn't even get half way done with his popcicle that they gave him. We got home and by 2:00am we were both in bed sound asleep. Jaxon woke up this morning and is doing much better than he was last night so that's good. Hopefully we won't have to make another trip to the ER again anytime soon. I will post Easter pics soon. So stay tuned!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh, poor little guy! That's so sad! I hope he gets feeling better soon. Sick kids are NO fun! I'm so sorry!

Shareen said...

What a bummer. I hope he is feeling okay now. Is it contagious? I hope not, I would hate to see Brynlee end up with the same thing. Put a humidifier in his room. Maybe that will help too.

Shanna said...

oh so sorry poor kid! did you even know he was sick? Im so sorry!

Cami Jo said...

That's the pits! Hope he starts feeling better. I'm not a fan of the hospital visits lately (especially one's late at night!...hope he gets better soon, and no more trips to the ER!)

Your Easter pic's were adorable. The kids look darling. Too bad we can't get them to look into a camera and smile the way we want them too, huh?! Glad you had a good Easter!